Barrister-Direct is an award winning Barrister led law firm helping clients achieve positive results, following an accident or injury.
The aim of Barrister-Direct is to provide an innovative, efficient and client-focussed service, combining expertise and accessibility. Since opening in 2015, we have taken full advantage of the ability of a client, to consult a Barrister-Direct, providing a one-stop service from specialist Barristers, to handle a claim from start-finish.
Our model is simple – access to a Barrister from the first day, case supervision by a Barrister until the last day.
Following our huge success, helping clients, we are now proud to announce: ‘Barrister-Direct – RESOLVE’
How does it work?
RESOLVE has a simple 5 stage process to resolution:
1. You email email@example.com advising a file is ready. A courier will collect your file that day and a member of our team will acknowledge your file the same day.
2. Within 48 hours, you will receive a view on prospects in the matter. This will confirm whether your file has been accepted in to RESOLVE and the terms of such.
3. If accepted, the Claimant will be signed up to Barrister-Direct within 72 hours by one of our nationwide signup agents.
4. You will receive monthly updates on the progress of the file
5. Upon conclusion, RESOLVE will forward any costs and disbursements received and owing to you and/or your firm within 21 days of receipt.
- Dedicated response team and free same day file collection service or electronic transfer
- Guaranteed view on prospects within 48 hours of receipt
- Nationwide sign up agents with clients signed up within 72 hours
- Monthly updates on transferred cases
- Lien on costs preserved with reasonable splits agreed on fixed costs fast track cases and assistance in recovering disbursements
- Litigation Funding in place and access to a panel of ATE insurers for all variety of claims
Frequently Asked Questions
We will assist law firms, credit hire agencies, medical agencies and ATE agencies with files due to be closed or abandoned by providing a complimentary second look service. Our service will evaluate the claim’s prospects and where possible, take the matter into our law firm to progress the file until resolution.
RESOLVE accepts that there are many reasons a firm may close a file or abandon a matter ranging from prospects to resources to procedural or factual complexity. Andrew McKie and Ian Skeate, both specialist Personal Injury and Housing Barristers head RESOLVE with a combined experience of over 25 years and a skill and talent for litigation and successful trial work. RESOLVE benefits from the knowledge and experience acquired by Andrew and Ian over their years as practitioners and trial Counsel – spotting the winners early on and maximising the Claimant’s prospects of success through factual, legal or expert evidence, fighting common defences and overcoming the hurdles facing many Claimants in the current legal landscape. RESOLVE brings the expertise to resolve a claim where other avenues have threatened a positive outcome.
RESOLVE is designed to acknowledge that, in the current legal landscape, firms cannot afford to write off bad debt and cannot afford not to recover costs and disbursements. RESOLVE aims to avoid this situation by providing a safety net and chance of recovery, as well as a lifeline for claims facing abandonment.
As a result of our fantastic team, we will consider all Fast and Multi-Track Claims, including:
Industrial Disease – VWF, RSI, HAVS, Asbestosis and related disease
Travel Litigation – accidents abroad including claims under Package Travel Regulations, Athens and Montreal Convention, Skiing Accidents and sporting injuries
Housing and Construction – Housing Disrepair and Cavity Wall Claims
Clinical Negligence Claims – including misdiagnosis, failure to treat, incorrect prescription and/or dispensation
Employer’s Liability Claims – including construction site accidents, workplace equipment claims, manual handling regulations claim, work at height, PPE claims and slips and trips in the workplace
All types of Occupier’s and Public Liability Claims
Road Traffic Accident Claims
There is no obligation to continue to use RESOLVE and no minimum number of files. We encourage clients with 1 file as well as clients with large departments.
Who do I speak to?
To discuss RESOLVE, the possibility of utilising our service or to find out more about our service, please contact Andrew McKie or Monica Savic-Jabrow:
We look forward to assisting you.